Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Linda (Fletcher) Frabl's update...

Hey Chami class of '87,

It's Linda here, and I'm a stay-at-home mom living in San Diego with my hubby of six years, Marko, and my two kids (Jake, age 3, and Naomi, age 1). I will most likely return to work part time when both kiddies are in school full time. I had previously been an editor at an aggressive inline skating magazine based in San Diego, called "Daily Bread", until I started having kids. Before marrying and moving to San Diego, I was living in Sherman Oaks, and working as an editor-in-chief for two tattoo magazines, if you can believe it (no, I don't have any tattoos!).

What else ... I got my B.A. in English from U.C. Santa Barbara in '91, and then moved to San Francisco where I briefly worked as an account assistant for an ad agency. While living there, I became very homesick for the SoCal lifestyle, so I moved back to L.A. in '92, and got my job at the tattoo magazines shortly thereafter.

I met my husband in '99 at a singles rotational dinner, as crazy as that sounds (it's where the men rotate around the room during the courses of the meal). Luckily, Marko sat next to me during one of the courses, and I liked him instantly. He proposed to me on New Year's day 2001, and we married that September at the Marina Del Rey hotel (with my Chami pals Mimi Hemmer, Beth Esters, and Jacque Rardin serving as my bridesmaids!). After our blissful Fiji honeymoon (during which the 9/11 attacks occurred, but thankfully it didn't affect our flight back), we moved to San Diego, where Marko had already been working as a banker for the past year. (He had previously been living/working in Orange County, but after he accepted the job in San Diego, he actually commuted down here from Laguna Niguel so it would be easier to continue dating me!).

I love the San Diego lifestyle, and whenever possible we spend our weekends at the beach. Luckily we bought our 3-bedroom house in a nice suburb down here in 2003, just before the home prices got totally ridiculous. I spend much of my time going to the local parks with the kids, and taking care of household duties (although the house is probably not as spic and span as it should be!). I have managed to improve my cooking abilities considerably, and regularly prepare nice home cooked meals (mind you, this skill this was totally unheard of before I had kids -- at that point I could barely boil water!).

I hope more classmates post their blogs, because I'd love to find out what everyone else has been up to!

-Linda

2 comments:

Erin Needham-Collard said...

Hi Linda

wow it was great to read your blog.
Glad to hear things are going well for you. Erin Needham Collard

Marita said...

Hi, Linda!
Great to hear that all is going well with you in San Diego. It is exciting that you now have 2 little ones. I remember talking to you at the 10 year reunion, and am looking forward to seeing you in October!
Best wishes,
Marita Daukas Swanson