Monday, June 4, 2007

In Memory of Melanie

Hello Eagles,

I'm sure many of you received Carol's email about Melanie Woiwode's recent death from cancer. I remember at our first reunion committee meeting, Carol and Lisa mentioned that Melanie was very sick. It never entered my mind that she would pass away so quickly and before all of us were able to meet again.

I just wanted to post on this blog about her death and direct everyone to the blog her family and friends have set up to write about memories of her.
  • Melanie's Blog

  • There you will see lots of wonderful pictures of Melanie enjoying life with her friends and family. If you have memories to share, they have opened up the blog to everyone.

    I didn't know Melanie well, but I remember her eyes and her smile. Both were big and full of life. For the reunion, I've had the pleasure of sorting through the slides from our senior year and there are many lovely ones of Melanie on the swim team and hanging out on campus.

    From what I've read, Melanie continued to be very active despite her illness. Her family and friends have also set up a fund in her honor celebrating her active life.
  • Melanie's Fund

  • If you wish to attend her service, it is on Saturday June 9th at Bethel Lutheran Church at 11:00 AM. The address is 17500 Burbank Blvd in Encino.

    There will be a reception following the service at her aunt and uncle's home in Alta Dena. Directions from the church to their home will be provided at the service.

    Please keep Melanie and her family and friends in your thoughts.

    Amy

    No comments: