Saturday, June 2, 2007

Update from Corinne (Cabaret) Mesner

Hi everyone. It's been so fun reading all of your blogs. Things have changed so much for so many of us. I remember seeing some of you at the 10 year reunion and thinking how so much had changed in 10 years. Now it's 20! High school was not the highlight of my life, but I do have some fond memories. Fortunately things improved for me after Chaminade.

Well here's a quick snapshot of my last 20 years. After Chaminade, I graduate from UCLA with a degree in Communication. Like Carol Phalen, I used my degree to the fullest by working as a receptionist at New Line Cinema. After a few years of working in various departments at New Line, I realized film wasn't for me and decided to go back to school and earn a degree in Graphic Design. After getting my degree I worked as a designer and eventually as the creative director for Apollo Interactive doing web development. Some of our clients included the Hard Rock Hotel, Luxor and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, The WB Network, Jack in the Box, Wolfgang Puck, to name a few. It was a great job and I had lots of fun traveling to Vegas now and then.

I met my husband Steve 10 years ago and we've been married for 7 years. My days at New Line Cinema paid off since I met Steve through a co-worker from New Line, even if it was many years after I had left that company. Steve works in TV sitcoms as an Associate Producer which basically means that he oversees the post-production for TV shows. Last year he was on a show called "The Class", but unfortunately it got canceled! That's the way that business goes.

After our first child Sophia was born (she's 4 years old), I quit my job and have been a stay-at-home mom ever since. I absolutely love it, even if I'm totally wiped out and exhausted by 8pm every night! Our second daughter, Ava, is 14 months old. We live in Encino.

I've kept in touch with Beth Johnson and Nanette Vernengo (come to think of it, Nanette and I were roommates after college).

As far as teachers I'd like to invite, definitely Mr. Lynn. And 80's music, how about The English Beat? As your memory may, or (hopefully) may not serve, even though I was into heavy metal during high school, I still listened to KROQ!

Looking forward to catching up with you all - by the way, Jill Tregillis, the last time I saw you was in the early 90's on 3rd street...you worked at a boutique there right?

Corinne

No comments: