Monday, November 26, 2007

Also Thankful

I know that Thanksgiving is past and that we are now officially into the Christmas season. However, like Anthony, I wanted to write about things I am thankful for regarding the reunion.

Since graduating 20 years ago, I have not been in contact with many folks from Chaminade. Obviously, Anthony and I have kept our friendship going. And through the years I've seen Dani Carusi, Tracy Tuso, and Denise Bradley now and again. But otherwise, I haven't had ties to Chaminade.

So when the planning for the 20 year reunion came around, knowing that I didn't really know anyone, I was really nervous about attending. But instead of getting hung up on freaking myself out, which is what I usually do, I decided to jump in and help so I could actually reaquaint myself with everyone. And I'm so thankful I did.

First of all, working on the committe was great. I got to meet up and chat via email with Lisa, Carol, Lynn, Dave, Dave, and Dora. I got to meet Tom and Carol's new baby and Lisa's kids. I was thankful to be a part of this group who just wanted to throw a good party.

Then by initiating the blog, I got to hear from many of you who needed help. I've actually ended up continuing email relationships with people because of this. I've had great conversations that I never would have had and I'm very thankful to have these new/old friendships.

Once the blog was up and running, I was so thankful to read about what everyone was doing with their lives. Even when we found out that some of our friends had passed, I was thankful that we all had each other and could share in mourning that loss.

As the reunion came close, I got to email and call people to harass them to come to the event. Though this made me especially nervous, I was thankful that people responded so kindly.

During the reunion weekend itself, I was incredibly thankful to have been not only a part of this committee but a part of this class. Everyone there was so appreciative of the time we took. Everyone looked happy and excited to be there. And I was thankful to be there to see old friends, reconnect, and celebrate with everyone.

Thank you all for participating in whatever way you did. For reading the blog, for writing a blog, for posting pictures, for asking for music suggestions, for posting music titles, for attending Sagebrush, the White House, or the Family Picnic.

Thank you for being part of the class of '87. I am thankful.

Amy