Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THANKSGIVING

I can imagine that with parades, football, family, friends, food to be prepared and consumed, and eventually dishes to do - most of you will not be killing time tuning in to the BLOG. So, these sentiments will have a shelf-life of at least a week. Then it's "screw you and the turkey you rode in on".

In addition to the usual checklist of items to be thankful for - I would like to add some personal thanks. I am thankful this year for the reunion commitee (except the "other Phalen" who did absolutely nothing - and said so everytime someone gave her credit which was very honorable.) who did such a great job pulling us altogether and planning such a nice weekend. I am greatful for everyone who took the time to attend and graciously share their lives. I appreciate those who could not attend but let us all know they were okay and doing their thing. Oddly enough, I may be most thankful for the BLOG itself. It allowed me to open a door of humor and create a connection with many of you even before the big night. I am at heart, a shy and quiet person, and I don't always feel at ease in large groups. That pre-reunion Blogging ice-breaker was a true treat for me and to have it so well received was a blessing.

The obvious wish is for all of you to have a Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving with much to be thankful for. The not so obvious may be to remember that there are those of us who may not have had the best year. In life, we rarely get to experience the UPS without the DOWNS. So, if this Thanksgiving finds you dealing with some difficulty or misfortune, hurt or sorrow, or just something that knocked you off the path you thought you were on - I hope you can find a simple pleasure to be thankful for and move forward in the knowledge you can and will endure. And I can bake you a pecan pie if it helps.

Oh, and I am thankful for the emergency rooms in both Idaho and California!

Anthony Butler

No comments: