Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Hello from Eric Nesheim

Dont hit enter too soon. So goes my last 10 years of battling these computers. I can remember the computer class in 8th grade on some of the first macs and how they were still trying to figure out what to do with them, now I couldnt imagine running a business without one.

After bailing from Chaminade in 10th grade and pursuing a rock and roll lifestyle for the next year, I ended up back in school and making up 2 years my senior year. The next year I bounced around at different jobs in LA and tried my own place in North Hollywood. SCARY. 6 weeks of that and I was ready for college. I ended up in Arizona at a little private college called Prescott College. Loved it. A bunch of hippies with causes and lots of time for rock climbing and playing music. Graduated in 91 with a degree in communication and counseling. I worked at a youth shelter for a bit. I took a class in construction technology at the local college and have been building things outside ever since.

I spent a couple years in Tucson in the early 90s but just didnt like framing houses in 110 degree weather. So I relocated to Portland for the next 5 years playing music, working and waiting unknowingly till I met my wife. We were married on the beach in Oregon by my dad, took a honeymoon through the redwoods then a year later a trip for 6 month around the country, visited Elvis in New Orleans, family and such. We ended up in Seattle in 99. I started a business, my wife became a doula (birth support partner), we bought a house and have been paying bills ever since.

Currently, I live in West Seattle with my wife of 9 years and our two boys Bennett and Andrew 3 and 8. We make it through the days a little hit or miss. We enjoy hiking, biking and searching for crabs in the rocks. I've run a little construction company since 1999 here in Washington. Most days I enjoy it, not much stress and Im grateful to be outside most of the time. Lately, I have been getting into gardening. I have two hiking trips planned for the summer, one to the top of Rainier and the other a good 4 or 5 day trek through the Olympics, all are welcome.

My parents live in Aptos California where my dad is now a Lutheran minister and my mom runs spiritual groups for women. My brother Mike who went to Chaminade in 7th and 8th is now living in the Valencia area with his wife and 4 kids (Crazy)

Ive checked in over the years to the website to reconnect with some old friends from Chaminade, so far Katie is the only person that I can put a face to the name. My kids and cousins love the Powerpuff Girls, pretty cool. So I hope people keep writing its fun to see what people are up to. Kinda reminds me of the joke, know how to make God laugh, tell him your plans. I would have never imagined how my life would turn out back in the day. Now I cant imagine it any differently. Thanks for opening this up to all who went to Chaminade itll be fun to see who shows up. Anyone remember Tiffany Riley, Daniel Finn, where is Danny Lent, Dave Chemelka so many good people.

Take care,
Eric

3 comments:

Amy Keating Rogers said...

Hey Eric,
I remember you well. I think you meant to write my name regarding Powerpuff but wrote Katie instead. You must be remembering Katie Eacrett, who is still one of my best friends. I'm not sure what happened to Danielle Finn (she left after 9th grade) or Dave Chmelka.
It sounds like Seattle is treating you well. When you drive up to Mt. Rainier, you'll go through my husband's hometown of Enumclaw.
Thanks for writing in!
Amy

Eric said...

Hi Amy,

Yes I did get your name mixed up with Katies, my apologies.

Thanks for creating this space. I was just sharing your sons blog with Andrea, my wife. She is studying to be a nurse midwife and I thought she would appreciate the human element to healing.

Have to say, I have been remembering things that I havent thought about in 15 years. The one that stands out for some reason is walking across the parking lot on the Devonshire campus, looking at the yellow buses lined up, ready to take us to Disneyland. What a great day!

Where's Patrick Kelly?
Does Bro Hinger still instill fear?

Amy Keating Rogers said...

Hi Eric,
No worries on confusing me and Katie.

Thanks for reading up on Soren. He's the sweetest boy.

I have no idea on Patrick Kelly or Brother Hinger. Though memories of Bro Hinger are enough to give me nightmares.
Amy