Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hello! from Carol Phalen

Hello! It's been a while. I can't wait to see everyone...in my mind you all look like 17 year olds! I hope to be brief, I just want to start a conversation and get folks talking.

But first, a quick synopsis of the past 20 years... I graduated from CSUN with a marine biology degree, which really did not prepare me for my first career as District Manager for Blockbuster Video. After having enough of retail, I decided to go back to school to get my masters in marine biology. Plus, it was nice having summers off again! After graduating, I worked for an aquarium company for seven years in research and development and now, I am a part time science teacher to 4th graders. I am married to a fellow '87 Eagle, Tom Molnar, and we live in Chatsworth with our 13 month old daughter. So much to talk about...we'll talk in October!

Have you broken out your yearbook yet?? The memories come flooding back! 1987 was so long ago, but flipping through the pages, it seems like just yesterday! What is your favorite memory of high school?

What teachers should we invite? One of my votes goes to Frank Johanek and of course, I would love to see Mr. and Mrs. Reeves. Who do you want to invite?

I am looking forward to catching up with everyone in October!! Cheers!

Keep blogging...it's fun to see what everyone is up to!

2 comments:

Erin Needham-Collard said...

Hey Carol,

Good to read your post. I would also vote for Frank Johanek, though when thinking of all the teachers, Sister Marion certainly comes to mind. Does anyone else remember (I think it was) Jeff Denton's how to draw Sister Marion's how to speech? I still have nightmares of trig and algebra with Sis Marion.

Combat-Trout said...

I do remember her, she was funny. And to think she put up with all of us kids. I vaguely remember getting good grades in her class, luckily I remembered all the geometry...

Apa