Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hello to All from Lisa Macias

Hey Everyone! It is so much fun to read about all of you. Thanks to those of you who have posted, and to those of you who will be posting soon! Unlike some of you. I feel like it's been more than twenty years! Maybe it's the sleep deprivation brought on by my incredible, rambunctious, hilarious children. My four year old, Brady, three year old, Frankie and eleven month old baby Anna keep me busier than I ever could have imagined. I am at home full time raising my brood. Before Brady was born, I was a teacher with LA Unified, a job that I loved. After graduating from UCLA with a degree in psychology, and working for various non-profits, I did some traveling. Then I earned my teaching credential, National Board Certification, Administrative Credential and Masters in Educational Administration. Education was a great fit. It allowed me to continue my passion, travel. I've seen most of the fifty states, and many different countries. I traveled extensively through Mexico and loved it!

And now, I am looking forward to October. I will celebrate my seven year anniversary with my wonderful husband Michael, a fellow Bruin, and I will see you all at the reunion! Does any one have any eighties songs that you would like to hear? Let us know. We will forward all requests along to Richard Blade. Any teachers you would like to invite? I hope to see Mr. Valentine. Any fluorescent clothing, torn sweatshirts or legwarmers? It's time to get rid of them!

1 comment:

Laura (Woldrich) Holmes said...

Hi Lisa,
It's great to know what's going on with ya. You are a busy girl. And you thought teaching was tiring...being a mother to three kids is more than a full-time job. I admire you.
-Laura