Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hi everyone....from Jennifer(Mitchell) Flanagan

Wow 20 years seems like so long ago, yet in other ways it seems like just yesterday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and I have enjoyed reading what everyone is up too. I guess it's my turn now.
I ended up down in San Diego at SDSU after a couple of semesters at Pierce College trying to figure out what I wanted to do and I realized I had to get out of the valley! I lived with Faire Stanley at the beach while we both went to school (sort of) and I ended up graduating with a degree in partying, oops I mean Sociology. I then moved back to LA and then on to San Francisco where I worked for Estee Lauder as a Business Manager. I lived with Melanie Woiwode and other friends from San Diego in the City and had 3 really great years up there. In 1997 the cold San Francisco summers got to me and I moved back to San Diego where both my brother and sister were living. Two weeks later I was set up on a blind date by a friend and I met my husband Sean. We were married in Hawaii in 2001. I also decided the cosmetic industry was not for me and I decided to go to Cosmetology School to become a hair stylist. I now work as a hair stylist/make-up artist at salon in La Jolla and I love my job.
Sean and I have a 4 year old daughter Fiona and this past January we welcomed identical twin boys into our family, Liam & Aiden. Yes we were surprised to hear we were having twins, but now I can't imagine it any other way. We feel so blessed.
I really look forward to re-connecting with all my old friends at the reunion. I have stayed close to Carol Phalen & Mel and have seen others off and on over the years but look forward to seeing Faire, Bettina, Anne Elliott, Pia, Heather Nichols, Janet Haase and so many others. If you're ever down our way my e-mail is jenflanagan@san.rr.com, I'd love to hear from you.
Jen

1 comment:

Pia said...

Hi everyone
Wow, I didn't realize there was so much going on in the Chaminade world of 1987. I just moved back to the US (Denver) a year and a half ago, and am spending a snowy Sunday "googling" the past.
I guess I missed the 20 year reunion last year...I can't believe how old we're supposed to be. I guess it's how you feel...and for me, I can't believe I'm not getting carded anymore...:-)
I've been globetrotting since Chaminade. San Diego (UCSD), Washington D.C, Marocco, Australia, New Zealand, L.A., then Cologne Germany, nad now in Denver...enjoying skiing in the Rockies.
I updated my "Alumni Database", so whoever wants to catch up...send me a mail
Hope all of you are doing well
Pia