Tuesday, July 10, 2007

i'm a tiger, # 12

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if someone could help me remember something that has, frankly, plagued me for years. I have this rock from one of our retreats (TEC?) that is painted with a red balloon and the words, "i'm a tiger, #12." I remember we watched a movie during this retreat that had a little boy at a zoo. Each child was given an animal name and, I guess, a number. I'm not sure where the red balloon comes in or what the entire storyline of the film was. Being a religious retreat, it obviously had religious significance, but I can't remember what.

Plus now that I'm going through the slides, I've now come across a picture of Renee MagaƱa and Tom Bratkovich holding a similar rock with a tiger holding a red balloon. And there's also a picture of Amy Cameron holding a red balloon with a tag that says, "I'm a tiger, #12."

What baffles me is that out of all the things I have gotten rid of all these years, I've kept this rock. Any time I get on a "throwing out junk" jag, I consider tossing this, but never do. What I wonder is why I insist on holding onto it since I'm unclear on what it means.

Any of you have a better memory than me on this subject?

Amy

2 comments:

Erin Needham-Collard said...

Oh Amy I remember that movie about all the kids going on a field trip to the zoo and the teacher had a fisherman's hat (fisher of men) and the kid who was a tiger got lost and of course the parable of the prodigal son when the kid came back/was found and the teacher rejoiced and bought him everything he had been denied at the beginning of the trip (cotton candy, red balloon) jeeze I hadnt thought of the TEC retreat in forever. It wasn't my favorite retreat at all but I do remember that film for some reason.

Amy Keating Rogers said...

Thank you, Erin! You helped fill in many blanks to that story. I appreciate it! Amy