Friday, October 26, 2007

Better Company

While it is certainly an ego boost to have my picture taken with such a generous assortment of beautiful ladies - I must confess I have many pictures I took with male peers. I know for a fact I took about 26 pictures with Bill Horbury. But he held me tight in each one and I was like melted butter. (Neither of us are gay - I sacrificed our manliness for a joke. Sorry Bill)

But I can tell you what I use to attract so many women. It's easy. Even though I have a high intellect and razor sharp wit, most women only view me as eye candy. And as anyone can see, I had to be the biggest piece of eye candy at the reunion.

Sweet Jesus in monkeytown Amy! Didn't you take one picture of me where I don't look like I should be on a beach with people trying to push me back into the water? Couldn't you have taken maybe 5 minutes to airbrush me? C'mon, I printed out one of the images and the picture itself weighed 10 pounds.

I kid, of course. While I almost never allow myself to be photographed, this was a worthwhile occasion. Heavy or not, I'd rather have the memories of being with such fine people. And I never blame anyone or make excuses - little movement and big appetite made me who I am today. It's not society, the media, advertising, my parents, or any of the other things people like to blame. I have been winning my fight against anorexia for years.

The tragic fact is, it's not how I look that has become an issue. People who go on Oprah and say "I am big and beautiful" may be speaking the truth. But are they healthy? Accepting yourself has nothing to do with being a double western cheeseburger away from a heart attack at 40. I have looked at these latest photos, examined my priorities, taken a look at my son sleeping, and decided I'd like to stop cutting my life short. (Sorry Mark B. - I won't be having that heart attack up north)

I have been asked to continue BLOGGING (is anyone still reading?). As of Sunday October 21, 2007 I weighed 237 pounds. Amongst other topics, I will give periodic updates on my weight. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week for a total of 12 pounds by the Saturday with Santa on December 8. After that, I will continue at that rate until I reach my birthweight and start wearing clothes from the Gap Kids collection at the 30 year reunion.

If you have a bad habit, change it for 6 weeks! Put that cigarette down. Have a salad. Cut down to one glass of wine with dinner. Shred your passport and stop going to third world countries for cheap sex with underfed women and livestock (I'm not naming ANYONE). What could it hurt?

Anthony "Life Coach" Butler

No comments: