Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Head??

Allow me to join the ranks of blogging procrastinators (and Mark, you thought you were the tardy royalty of the class).


I had such a great time in California last week - I miss it! The reunion was a blast, not only because Lisa, Carol, Amy and all of the other organizers worked so hard, but mainly because you're a pretty amazing and fun group of people. I'm sorry to have missed the picnic, but Boston was calling me back.



Thanks for breaking the ice about my head, Anthony. Everyone was quite silent about the gash (and in case you were wondering, it was not a makeup faux pas that I wasn't aware of). You're not alone - I went back to work on Monday, and between my 25 patients and a host of doctors, nurses & secretaries, only 4 people said anything about it. The story behind it is sadly lame. Even worse than when I chipped my front tooth carrying Tom Bratkovich on my back (exiting a bar in our UCLA days). When I told an anesthesiologist at work what happened, her response was "Dani, you're a twit," so rather than risk more name-calling, I'll let you all come up with a good story for me...


Returning to Boston was a brisk awakening - I discovered that my landlord had kindly put up my storm windows for me (do Californians even have a concept of storm windows?) and I had to fire up my heater. Red Sox passion seems to have defervesced this year as well, and sadly the team is feeling it. I'm not a baseball fan, but that World Series win was an unforgettable time around here.


I loved visiting with all of you and I'm sorry I couldn't hear more about your adventures. I would really love to hear more from people, so keep blogging and don't forget your long-distance alums. Drop me a line if you're heading out this way. I will gladly give guidance on running routes, bike rides, leaf peeping (yes, that's a term), mogul skiing (or how to avoid it), speaking like a local (just talk really smaht), and a wide variety of ethnic restaurants. I'm even known to give free medical advice to people I like.



And finally, let me substitute a more reasonable photo from Mark B's wedding (one where I'm upright). In case you have trouble identifying who's who, I'm the one in the dress.



And since I have no pictures to share of my children, I'll insert one from work:


Aren't you impressed with how squeaky clean our babies are delivered? We pride ourselves on service around here.



I'd love to hear from you! dani@massmed.org

No comments: