Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It Was Good to See all of You!

Hello to the Class of '87. I had meant to blog before the reunion and just kept putting it off so I am going to just sit down and write now before I procrastinate any further. I had a great time at Sagebrush, the White House and the Picnic. It was wonderful to see everyone and I agree that everyone looks great!!
Sagebrush Cantina was a nice way to start the weekend and I really enjoyed getting the nervousness about seeing old classmates out of the way by arriving with Sue (Dolan) and not having to go it alone.
The White House was an interesting place. I had not heard of it before but LOVE the location as it was only 7.5 miles from my house!! That was a bonus. The night was a whirlwind and it was really fun dancing to all the great old 80's music. I did take pictures and when I get them uploaded onto my laptop (need to get a new cable) I will post those too. I had trouble seeing the faces on the slide show and was so happy that we were given a DVD of that - - thanks to all involved for the hard work. My children (Madison, age 8 and 5 year old twins Emma and Ethan) watched it with me the next morning and yes, my 8 year old said we had no fashion sense and what was with the awful pink lipstick (Jamie Dillon reminded me at the picnic that it was #44). I must admit the pictures of me in the DVD are ugly (so said my five year old twins) - did I really go to school looking that bad ALL the time? I hope I have managed to tame my hair a bit since the 80's - - as I told Daniella, Lot's of product!
The picnic was a nice early afternoon and my kids went crazy for the bounce house. They didn't care where or why we were there, just went right to the bounce house. Sorry again to Stacey Frashure's 8 year old son who my 8 year old daughter whacked - she is a bit of a bully, all 44 lbs of her. All of the alum kids are gorgeous and there were lot's of them - - and so many twins!! (mine, Shelly Corwell's, Amy Cameron's and the future Phalen Molnar twins!). I was surprised that driving onto campus did not bring back any memories for me - in fact I had to mapquest how to get there (even though I still live in Northridge) could this be an early onset of Alzheimer's or has the twenty intervening years; seven spent at other learning institutions, and three children overloaded my high school memories? Who knows, but I now have new ones of everyone again and hope to keep in better touch this time. Thanks again to everyone who planned and who attended any of these festivities, it was a great weekend. If anyone would like to keep in touch, please e-mail me at mindiadam@netzero.com. See you all sooner next time!!!Mindi (Comunale) Grant

No comments: