Monday, October 15, 2007

Daniela Carusi's head

It has been over 24 hours since the main reunion on Saturday. I think that is an acceptable amount of time to bring up a sensitive subject.

Daniela Carusi's head.

Why can't we talk about it? What are we afraid of discovering that grips us in fear and makes us seek comfort in ignorance? Must it remain the unspoken "elephant in the room".

I am going to break down the barrier and just put it out there. Daniela had a big ol' gash on the right side of her head. Just open and festering. It almost looked like a second, toothless mouth on her forehead. I swear if it said something to me I would have freaked out. I know everyone saw it - but only I was bold enough to mention it and ask her about it.

She gave me an excuse - something about a common, everyday accident. I didn't believe her for a minute. My honest to god, gut feeling tells me she is in "Fight Club", Boston Chapter. Now, the first rule of Fight Club being that you cannot talk about being in Fight Club - she had to make up that preposterous tale. But that is the kind of injury you can only get going 3 rounds with Tyler Durden in a dark, humid basement.

If you have not seen the movie "Fight Club" this is all nonsense. And if you have seen the movie, it's still nonsense. The truth is, the lovely Ms. Carusi who did have a slight injury on her forehead, asked me to continue to BLOG even though the reunion is done. And she even offered her injury up for parody (Daniela, I hope that was not just wine talking and you aren't really pissed right now).

It is my understanding the BLOG will remain up and running. It is a great way to let people know how each of us are doing between reunions. I hope many will continue to check-in and post from time to time. Then by the next reunion, we will all be up to date so we can discuss more important things like hair transplants, dentures, who is on their 3rd marriage to their 2nd trophy spouse, which walkers leave fewer scuff marks on linoleum, and how cute our grandkids are. Well, hopefully we won't be THAT old by the next reunion.

Anthony "Blog til the fat lady sings" Butler

No comments: