Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello from Haase...

Hi everyone!
I've so enjoyed reading the blogs too and hearing what everyone's been up to... this whole 20 year thing is still unsettling to me - really 20 years? ugh...

I have kept in touch with a number of people from high school... Mindi, Caroline, Ken, Sue and look forward to reconnecting and seeing many others at the reunion!

My story is pretty similar... well not really... there are some key elements missing.

After high school I attended Pierce College shortly (Jen Mitchell and I did a study abroad program in Cambridge England which was a blast and a bit of a blur)... and then I was off to CSUN where I majored in Radio/Tv/Film... while in college I got involved in the music scene in Los Angeles working as a door girl at different clubs and meeting my then future husband, a musician, at one of the them... We dated for 8 years finally marrying in 1998 and sadly (actually not so sadly) divorcing 2 years later... proving to be one of the best decisions I ever made - the divorce that is.

During that time, I worked for 11 years in music video production back when they made music videos and was fortunate enough to represent some very talented directors at a great but now defunct production company called Satellite Films. After Executive Producing, I decided to get out of music videos and I switched careers in the business a year ago and am now wardrobe styling for commercials and loving it. I'm thoroughly enjoying the freelance life, being out of the office, traveling, and basically being paid to shop for a living... not so bad for a single girl!!

Although I don't have any kids (yet) I do get to enjoy my friends children and my brother Gary just had a beautiful little girl, Mika, who I just adore. Children can be like therapy or a nice distraction, at least for me since I don't have to bring them home!

That's it. That's my story basically...

I look forward to seeing everyone... such a weird nostalgic feeling... but only great memories from those high school days...
(wait I just remembered how I would have to carpool in junior high with Mrs Rudkin! - weird).

All the best,
Janet Haase

ps - I ran into Tina Ryan at the airport (who was recently on the same plane to London with her entire family) but now I can't find her info... She seemed great though - living in Santa Barbara working as a lawyer with her husband at their own firm. (god I hope i got that all right) - She also had a lot of gorgeous children! I can't remember how many though - maybe 5? 6?
and I'm pretty sure I remember who Margaret had a crush on!!

No comments: