Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's True...

I will never be as gorgeous as Anthony Butler. He's been very kind over the years and not rubbed it in, knowing that it was a sore point that would never heal.

And since Anthony brought up (and Nanette confirmed) that aging has not been pretty, I will list the 3 things that are currently failing me as I get older.

1. My memory--In proof of this, I recently had an email exchange with Lucy Braker and she told me that her brother said, “Hi.” I wracked my brains trying to remember if I knew Lucy’s brother.

So then I went to our yearbook. No “Braker” brother in our graduating class. I looked in the years before and behind with other yearbooks. Still coming up with nothing, I finally admitted to Lucy that I didn’t remember her brother.

Well, as I’m sure many of you without failing memory know, Lucy has a twin brother John! I'd been in school with him since junior high. Embarrassing.

2. My hair color--More and more gray seems to be creeping through taking over where brown used to be. Thank goodness for highlighs and hair dye.

3. My boobs--Now I was hardly a busty lass in high school, but man, having kids did a number on what I have. My daughter often asks me why my "boobs hang down like that." I tell her it's because I gave her life. She then hands me my bra and I hoist them back up where they belong.

Amy

2 comments:

Combat-Trout said...

Getting old sucks! But it's still the more popular option.

Maybe we should just keep the blog going forever, that way we'll be able to remember what we did over the last 5-10 years!

Speaking of bras and such, who remembers the wardrobe failure during the Hello Dolly dress rehearsal? Anybody, anybody…

Apa

Amy Keating Rogers said...

I don't remember, John. What was it? Did it involve my boobs? I think I'd remember that. Did it involve someone else's boobs? What was revealed? As I noted, my memory sucks!

Amy