Thursday, August 30, 2007

So many memories and many more laughs....


Greetings from Marie-Elena Manzur (Vinciguerra). Wow, reading everybody's postings has made me laugh... I even found myself nodding in agreement with many of the aging comments (Amy right there with you on the whole boob thing, and Anthony, think aging is tough, try adding pregnancy during the hottest month of the year to the mix).

Let's see, the past 20 years... Well, went to CSUN, but things like, food and rent became more important than tuition and books, and... at that young age, the inability to work, play and go to school at the same time... something had to give. Hindsight man... wish I had cut back on the play and stayed in school.

Well, married my college sweetie after 9 years of dating, great man, but not the right one for me, divorced 7 yrs later with no kids. We stayed friends and kept in touch for a few years, until his current wife found out, and quickly ended that.

I've had a variety of jobs, that I thought were all just great at the time. Most were fundraising and event planning, which sounds glamorous and fun, but is very competitive and cut-throat (especially the 8 yrs of political fundraising I did), and tends to turn even the kindest most generous people into pompous fools. Finally, I saw myself as someone I didn't like anymore and just quit, not remembering that I had bought a new car the day before.

I suddenly found myself needing a job and became a bartender at the neighborhood watering hole (a total dive). Turns out to be the BEST thing I had ever done in my life. Why you ask, well, one of my regulars always had his boss come in on Fridays to pay him (and in turn pay me the bar tab). Suspiciously this man starting coming around on all of my shifts - to "hang out" with his drunken, toothless employee. Finally he asked me out. Our first date was October 1, 2003. He had asked my parents' permission to marry me by Thanksgiving. We were engaged on January 1, 2004, unofficially married the next day and officially married on February 7 where I became Mrs. Manzur.

I then started the best job and happiest part of my life, as a stay-at-home mommy when Yoram and I had our first daughter Rebecca Anne, on September 16, 2004. Our second child, Sarah Naomi is scheduled to arrive on October 24th. We'll try for a boy with a 3rd, but, boy or girl, it will be my last. I'm not getting any younger, and pregnancy just doesn't get any easier.

I think the reunion sounds like a blast! My husband keeps trying to convince me to go, but I'm afraid my water will break with all of the excitement. Not to mention Richard Blade and that 80's music.... we certainly had an "active and interesting" dancing style then. Maybe I'll reconsider. It is a once in a lifetme opportunity. I'll at least try to go to the family picnic on Sunday (It's much more affordable, and if I have the baby early, it won't be so tough to swallow the financial loss).

Really great to read about everybody's lives. Anytime any of you are in Simi Valley and want to get together and let the kids play, just email me at: memanzur@sbcglobal.net.

No comments: