Thursday, August 2, 2007

Hi everybody...from Margaret Bacon Smith

It has been so fun reading about all of you, everyone has been doing such great and interesting things....i want more people to write in. I know for a fact that a lot of my friends from highschool are reading the blog...hopefully they will write in too. Yea, you heard me. If you don't "blog", I will "blog" for you and make stuff up. 20 years...ok here it goes. But first...listen to Lisa Macias and send your invite in...I want to see you all there...it's going to be so fun. Don't blow it off. We went to school with a great group. At least won't it be fun to see everyone you had a crush on in high school? Or those you thought were jerks and see how they turned out? Ok, I just had a flashback trying to get everyone to come to a pep rally or bake sale, so I will stop now.

Upon graduation, I went to UCLA and majored in Political Science. I loved UCLA. My senior year I lived in Spain with Undine (Mulokas) Petrulis, Paige (Herron) Sefton, and Katie (Miller) Lewis. We all went to different colleges but had a great semester in Europe. I knew I wanted to be in entertainment and got an internship at a talent agency and worked my way up to agent. I was an agent representing actors in film and TV for 10 years. It's an intense job with a lot of crazy people and I knew I didn't want to do it forever. After 10 years, I switched to repping a smaller number of actors as a manager and have had my own company for almost 4 years.

In 1998, I met my husband Rob Smith and we were married in 2000. Rob is in the entertainment business and produces reality televsion shows. In October 2003 we had our son Ben, followed 19 mos later by Hanah Bea and a short 16 mos later by Annabel Jane. Yes, I have three kids under 3 1/2. Good times. We live in Cheviot Hills (the site of the original Chaminade campus fyi). It's just south of Westwood in West LA. Last summer my husband, 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old moved into my parents house in Northridge while we remodeled our house and gave birth to the third. If any of you came to a party at my house in highschool, that's where we lived . It was actually an awesome experience. For those of you who remember my parents, I am proud and grateful to say that my dad turned 93 this past May and is doing awesome. He got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in April and went to his 70th college reunion at Notre Dame in June. When we were graduating in '87 he was going back for his 50th. My mom is great too...busy with her 8 grandkids. My brother Jim '84 is married and has four boys and my brother Tom '86 is married to "gasp" Jill Tregillis '87. I know...but I have gotten over it now...it doesn't even bug me anymore when she gets drunk at Christmas and starts going on and on about what a bitch i was in high school and that The Cure is the greatest band that ever lived. All kidding aside...she is just the best sister in law and they have an adorable three year old Kathryn Margaret Bacon aka Kate.

I still keep in touch with most of my friends from Chaminade and would love to see some of my long lost friends as well. How's everyone from the drama department doing? I loved being in the plays. A definite highlight. Well, I look forward to seeing you all at the reunion. And thanks to Lisa, Carol, Amy and everyone else for organizing. They are doing a great job.

No comments: