Saturday, September 15, 2007

4 weeks to go...

To all my fellow 'nads...

The response this first couple of days has been amazing...nearly 400 songs. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!!! However it has become clear that it might be worth communicating a few things:

1. If we ever had a class, extra-curricular, retreat or hung-out together trick-or-treating or something in 10th grade...I REMEMBER YOU...I was generally lucid in HS, no need to ask in the e-mail, though it is rather charming when you do.

2. If you don't fall into category 1 and we DIDN'T know each other at all (which is a possibility)...don't worry about it. No time like the present to get acquainted. If not now, when?

3. If you belong to category 1 or 2 and just thought I was an a-hole or whatever in high school, GET OVER IT...it's been 20 years. This isn't about me...IT IS ABOUT US AS A CLASS.

4. PARTICIPATE FOR YOURSELF, I'm just putting it all together. I am not going to add songs to the list because I think they "should" be there or I remember YOU liking them...for example, if Def Leppard, Madonna, Dick Smith, Jack, or the Red Hot Chili Peppers were your thing, get your thumb out, because NONE OF THEM are in the first 400 (Billboard top 100 or not...BTW, thanks Heshire).

4. 87 songs might not be enough to cover the full 6 years, so this might get broken up into two lists, one for the Chatsworth years and one for the West Hills years...we'll just have to see about that.

5. Don't get complacent thinking that "since there are already almost 400 songs, mine are probably there"...there have been VERY FEW repeats so far.

6. I am not going to trawl the Blog reading your posts to see what you would like to hear, you have to e-mail me. In return, you have my word that I will not add you to any mailing lists, send you spam or other BS like that, OK? As a matter of courtesy, I will probably send you a short e-mail thank you...nothing more (or add a "DO NOT REPLY" in the subject line if you would prefer it this way).

7. This is NOT about what will be played at the reunion or a play list to hand over to Richard Blade. He's been doing what he does for a long time, and no doubt he gets paid handsomely for it...if you don't like the way he does his job, or what he plays next month, you can always TP his car or something (though I am not, in any way, encouraging or recommending this).

Looking forward to hearing from more of you,

T

P.S. If nachos, margaritas, & reminiscing at the Sagebrush Cantina the evening of the 12th aren't giving you that full charge of 80's bliss, and the relocation of the football game has got you down, BERLIN is playing that night just up the road at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills...



No comments: