Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hi from Sheila (Marsh) Peterson

Hello fellow '87 Eagles!! It has been fantastic to read everyone's blogs and catch up after 20 years. A big thanks to everyone contributing to making this reunion happen. I really look forward to seeing everyone in October.

OK, on to the past 20 years...

After graduating, I headed to UCSB. I majored in and graduated with a degree in Communication Studies. UCSB was a lot of fun, and I have very fond memories of one summer while rooming with Melissa Chappell and Julie Holingsworth. After UCSB, I worked briefly for a laser company. Then I landed a job in the clinical department at one of the only two breast implant manufacturers in the US. I did research on both their gel-filled and saline-filled breast implants. After a couple of years, I transferred to the marketing department as a Product Manager for their facial implant line. After a few years there, I moved into urology (at another company) as the Product Manager for the Titan penile implant. Breast implants, facial implants, and penile implants - it's amazing where a Communication Studies degree can get you. And I didn't have to leave Santa Barbara.

During all of this, I met my husband Steve, and we were married in October 1999 (Melissa Chappell and Laura Esquiro were bridesmaids). Our daughter Megan was born in 2002, and our son Jack was born in 2004. Through these years my husband expanded his business, and in 2005, I was able to leave the workforce and become an at-home mom. It was a great decision. It has been fun and busy and totally great. Megan just started kindergarten last week and Jack started swim lessons. As with all milestones, I was reminded (yet again) that kids grow fast.

The pictures below are of Megan, Jack, and Steve on Megan's first day of kindergarten, and of the kids and me this past weekend.
















I look forward to the reunion and catching up face-to-face.

See you soon!!

Sheila

1 comment:

Carol Phalen said...

Do you know how to contact Melissa Chappel? She is on our lost list. See you in Ocotber!